THANKSGIVING


We survived a three hour trip in the car. We went to Damian's parents house for Thanksgiving. It was a bit of a learning experience for a first timer. We had to stop so that I could feed Aidan. During the day, he likes to eat every two hours. Damian's Grandma Lucy has had some recent health problems. She fell down on two separate occasions and has several broken ribs. For the past 4 plus years she has been living with Damian's mom, Eloisa. The doctors told them that she would need to be moved into a nursing home. She is requiring more and more care and Eloisa isn't able to lift her. It was a sad thing to have to do right before the holidays, but they were able to bring her back home for Thanksgiving day and spend some time with her. I took a picture of Lucy, Eloisa, Damian and Aidan together. Four generations. It was amazing to see them all together. It was a tough holiday for me...it made me miss my own Grandma and Mother. I remember a picture of my Great Grandmother, grandmother, mom, sister and nephew all together when Tyler was just a baby. Five generations!! It dawned on me that right there in that house was all of the Grandparents that Aidan will ever know. He is very lucky to have them. I hope that they all take good care of themselves and are around for a really really long time.

It's getting close to Aidan's two month birthday! It is so hard to believe how fast the time has gone by. Damian and I realized we were losing all of the days and so we bought a camcorder. We have only used it a couple of times. I feel like I need to enroll in a class to figure out how to use it. I promise to post some pictures up very soon. We are having our annual holiday photos taken this Sunday, so that will be a good one to put up. Aidan weights 13.3 lbs now! I am shocked that I am still able to carry him when he is in the car seat.

No comments: